Currently...

I miss my high school friends. I've been constantly Skype-ing and having conversations on MSN and it make me realize that they are just a few of the people that know and love me the most. They know me inside out, and although distance (and time difference!) has separated us, nothing much has changed. We can still have a good laugh and talk about nonsense and remind ourselves how great we get along from the high school days. December has been quite the 'magical' month that we all believe and are passionate about. I hope it never ends.

I love the smell of new books! I'm going to share some of the things that I learned from books that I'll read in the following weeks, and I gotta say, I'm pretty excited! I love spending my time at the bookstore, just dive into the pages that bring you to another world and inspire you to make something more out of it, like posts or have new perspective on things! I believe you can pass down bags, clothes and shoes to your children, but how far will a dressed up body go with an empty and hollow mind?

I'm currently reading a book that opens up about how meat are made from scratch. How the animals are killed, how the first process occurred from being skinned to being the delicate meal on your steak plate and/or your burger wraps. It's quite an eye-opener. I'm going to tell you more once I get to read it further. The only thing that is a little bit of a downer is this book was translated to Bahasa. Not that I'm not a fan of Bahasa Indonesia, my native language, but since the original book is made in English, the cynical statements and the sarcastic jokes just don't mean the same, and to look for the original book which is made in English, have to be in imported bookstores such as Kinokuniya or Times, and the only bookstore near my house in Kelapa Gading is Gramedia, which sell limited imported books. Oh well, I'm going to finish reading it anyway, since it has an interesting presentation to it, from surveys to researches to personal experience, this book just make me want to flip through the pages and find out more. Forgive me for being such a curious George :p




KEEP THE FAITH
XOXOX

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: