Dream A Little Dream

Now on Play: Sleeping to Dream (Live Version)- Jason Mraz

"I'm counting my sheep and each one that passes is another dream to ashes and they all fall down.
And as I lay me down tonight, I close my eyes, what a beautiful sight.
Sleeping to dream about you and I'm so tired of having to live without you, but I don't mind.
Sleeping to dream about you and I'm so tired."


Funny how your dream changes as you grow up. Little by little you find out what you really want to do and as your passion ignites, you reach this level of ambition, the getting to what you want part. Do you write your dreams down? I do. It's such a lie if I say that I don't really care if they come true or if they don't, of course I want them to come true, even the ones that didn't really matter, or the ones that didn't seem that important, the level of significance to each dreams is the same to me.

As for me... Growing up, all I can ever think of is going to one of the top universities in the United States. If it's not Princeton, it's Yale, or Harvard; I craved for the best there is. I even wrote it in my "Schools" section on my Friendster profile, adding a little 'magical phrase' at the end of the list, "Let's just see. Hey, a girl can dream... And the opportunity to fulfill it," thinking it was still achievable. Even though I knew that you'd have to be either freakin' rich, and I mean Donald-Trump-just-adopted-me kind of rich, or freakin' smart, and I mean Einstein-is-my-father kind of smart.

But I realized that I was so much more passionate when I was young, and I have so much hope, compared to who I am now as I grow up. I have so many pompous dreams, but I become more realistic as life shows its surprising scenarios. Not that I became frightened of dreaming, I just watch my way of dreaming. I guess what used to be the definition of dreaming is not knowing what you'll do to get there, you just had enough courage to go for it, not that your parents' money is going to buy your dream for you, not that the link or connection that you have will help you get there, you just work your hardest, try your best, and if God permits, it'll happen for you. And that view of dreaming never really change, but again, reality hits me so very hard in the head.

I learned that education itself is a process, rather than a place. You learn each day from experience, from the people you meet, from everything that happened around you, that teaches you so much, even sometimes more than any classes or smart lecturers.

I remember reading an article about a man who wanted to be an astronaut. He had to wait for more than 20 years to make his dreams come true. And sometimes that happens. Sometimes you can't put a date on when your dreams are going to be reality. Might be the next few years, months, or even a matter of minutes. I mean, who knows right, by the time I'm a Harvard graduate, I might be a mother of two... That is if I ever got married.

Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.

- Henry David Thoreau




keep the faith
xoxox

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: