5 Minutes

Recent Song on Play: Every Time We Touch (Ballad)- Cascada
"Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky; they wipe away tears that I cry,
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all, you make me rise when I fall:')"


I was ready to call it a day. I've had so many things going on today that I nearly explode. Not in a rebukingly angry kind of ridicule; not the ones that people usually do when things don't go their way, you know, ready to punch someone in the face or give the most offensive and impolite kind of mockery-- to me it was more like a remorseful mental breakdown. In short, I had a bad day. I wasn't in the best physical condition; runny nose, sore throat, mild headache-- I imply the thought that I'm wonder-woman sometimes, and it hits me so very hard like a boomerang. On the way home I thought about the things I'm going to do when I get there, I was ready for blog, tea and a good afternoon rest before someone messaged me that he had a surprise. Arrived exhausted, I read that I had something waiting for me-- I expected a non-living thing-- but somehow I had quite an unexplainable feeling that he was there, waiting somewhere. I saw a man standing at a distance, shadowed by the top of the roof that he's standing underneath. He was glued to his phone that he didn't realize I passed him by just a few meters away, he said he had something he wants me to get at the meeting point; a little sandbox-like place where we usually sit early at dawn to talk. Funny how the surpriser became the surprisee. Yes, I made those words up, sue me. Since he wanted to "trick" me, I thought it would be fun to make him wait a little while, I took a bath, brew some tea, charged my Blackberry before meeting him downstairs. I saw his wide grin when he caught me ruining his so-called "surprise," I smiled and came over, noticing he rode a bike to come see me. The actual plan was not for us to meet, but for him to catch me getting a little sack filled with this "medication" for the flu that I caught. I laughed about it, he was pissed about it, but then the brief meet became the turning point of my day. It's cliche to call it love, I'd say it was a quick remedy from someone that you care about. I had little flashbacks on the back of my head; how that day became everything that I thought just couldn't get any worse. Then I realized-- what a difference even five minutes can make. Those five minutes filled with a gentle smile, while hearing someone's tender voice, just gives this serenity in your mind... Which I personally think you don't just get from anyone.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: