Exceptionally Enchanting

Recent Song on Play: Signal Fire- Snow Patrol

"...hold me close 'cause I need you to guide me to safety"

Acceptance. Everyone needs to feel accepted. Sometimes insecurities are caused as we grow up; as we make friends or it can happen as we started having silly little crushes. I learn that everyone wants to be wanted. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure some of you have had some kind of issues with how you look. Unbelievable how some people do crazy things to fit in. I'm not here to tell you that you're perfect, I'm actually here to tell you that you're imperfect, so live with it.

I'm no exception. I used to hate these pair of big eyes. I remember I love wearing glasses because it would make my eyes look a little bit smaller. Where I grew up, most of my friends are Chinese and I don't look anything like a Chinese. This is where I realized I'm different. And to top it all off, I once had a crush on a guy who lead me on just to diss me afterwards because I don't look like a Chinese.


I had weight issues back in elementary. I had a crush with someone 5 years older than I was, he called me... A flying pillow. It was a term for being a plus size. That's when I was slowly losing all my extra weight. I hate myself for it, for my excessive fat. People don't see it because I didn't show it.
It left little scars every now and then, but I guess time heals.

I'm not trying to be all motivational with this post, I'm not even going to try and convince you that everybody loves you no matter how you look on the outside. They won't love you for who you are, in fact you might be the sweetest apple up a tree and there are still people who don't like apples. You're unique and some people might make you think that it means you're different. But I grew up realizing that being different is good, don't let them tell you otherwise. That means you're perfectly being you, I mean think about it, nobody else is ever going to be good at being you. You don't have to change to be anybody else because if you change, you might miss out on someone who loves you for who you are. If they miss out on who you truly are, it's their loss, not yours. So find someone who still sees the beauty in you and still falls more in love with you after seeing your weird facial expressions, your unusual laugh, your constant bitching, your ugly days, your pig out days, the way you toss and turn in your sleep, your stupid jokes, the way you ask questions about things you should already know the answers to but he answers them anyways, your obsession with strange things, your random sounds, and your immaturity. You should be able to tell... If someone loves you for who you are.


keep the faith
xoxox

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: