Falling Out of Love

Recent Song on Play: The Only Exception- Paramore
"And that was the day that I promised, I never sing of love if it doesn't exist..."



15th July 2005-

The decision was final, the divorce is now official. The separation, at one point, did bring me to tears; but there's nothing I can do about it. The divorce taught me a lot, how to nurture a relationship, maintain a healthy friendship, the do's and don'ts that make you and your partner fall more and more in love with each other. But I guess some thing you can't change and some change you can just never guess.

There's a story that I recently came across, from a broadcast message (which I don't usually pay attention to, but this one somehow caught my eye) about a couple who didn't have the privilege of having children. After 10 years of waiting patiently, they finally had a baby boy. One morning, just like any ordinary morning, the wife was cooking inside the kitchen with the toddler who just learned how to walk running around nearby. The husband, about to head off to work, looked for his son to say goodbye. He was stunned by the view he had witnessed before his very own eyes, his son was holding a bottle in his hand, but he knew that it's not milk that he drank. It was a bottle of medicine for adults and his son has overdosed. They both were shocked to the bones and immediately brought him to the hospital to seek some help. By the time they got there, it was too late. The husband hugged his son so very tight, not wanting to let go, as he held his son's feeble arms close. When the two parents are staring lightly into space, can't really accept what just happened, the wife felt terribly guilty about what happened, blaming herself as she thought she should have been more attentive to her son, this mistake was avoidable. The husband said three words, and three words only. Can you guess the three words?

"I'm with you." Those three words brought this woman to tears. And that's how every relationships are supposed to be... Through the ups and downs, you're suppose to try and get through it, and trying is as simple as standing beside them. There's no point in seeing their mistakes or bringing up the past, what's done is done, you can't change it.

I thought my Mom and Dad was going to make it through whatever, but boy, was I wrong. Distance started to take a toll on them and it was a little sad for me to witness the blur. Something always goes wrong days before my birthday, and this is probably the "biggest" birthday present ever, a day away from my 13th birthday. Which made me used to think that sometimes my birth was a mistake. Now I'm more content, I suppose. Thinking about the could have, should have, would have's would be endless. There's no need in opening old chapters, we're supposed to make new ones.

"Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever."
- Nicholas Sparks



keep the faith
xoxox

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried reading this :'(

Nadia Juliana said...

Awww, I hope you're okay:')
...or was I just being a plain ol' bad writer? Man, I know I should never try blogging, what was I thinking.

Anonymous said...

No no, you're a good writer, it just touched my heart. Please keep on writing, will always be reading :) Youdabez Nadia

Nadia Juliana said...

Thank you for reading and especially for giving feedbacks!:') Thank you thank you thank you!!!