Meaning Of Love

I got this on my phone's notes for a while. I forgot where I got this, but I think it's from a broadcast message on my Blackberry Messenger. Find it sweet, so might as well spread the love here. The original message was in Bahasa and it was pretty long, did a bit of editing, but I hope by making it in English, it still wouldn't lost its meaning (hopefully it'll be easier for you to understand and so you'll still get the message).

A bunch of experts held a survey for children from the age of 4 to 8. "What is love?" The answers are astonishing. Who knew that children had a wide view of this God-given emotion. Take a look for yourself.

"When my Grandma had arthritis, she can't bend over and paint her nails again. So Grandpa did it for her, even when his hand caught arthritis too. That is love."
- Rebecca, 8 years old.

"When somebody loves you, the way of saying your name sounds different. You will know that by hearing them say your name, it's safe in their mouth."
- Billy, 4 years old.

"Love is when you go out and give someone a bigger portion of French Fries without asking them to give their food in return."
- Chrissy, 6 years old.

"Love is what makes you smile even when you're tired."
- Terri, 4 years old.

"Love is when my Mom makes a cup of coffee for Dad and she tastes it before giving it to him, just to make sure it tastes A-OK."
- Danny, 7 years old.

"When you want to learn to love more, you have to start with a friend that you hate."
- Nikka, 6 years old.

"Love is when you tell a boy that you like his shirt and he wears it every day."
- Noelle, 7 years old.

"Love is when an old lady and old man stay good friends even when they've known each other for a long time."
- Tommy, 6 years old.

"While at my piano recital, I was on stage and I was frightened. I saw everybody looking at me and I saw Dad waving his hand and smiling. He's the only person doing it. I wasn't afraid anymore."
- Cindy, 8 years old.

"My Mom loves me more than anyone in the world. You don't see any other person who would kiss me while I was sleeping soundly at night."
- Clair, 6 years old.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

rey said...

"love is a slow-mo that make you realize that there is no comming back" - rey, 19 years old

rey said...

"love is a slow-mo that make you realize that there is no comming back" - rey, 19 years old

Nadia Juliana said...

Ha! Good one;)