Break A Leg!

Just like how any good journalism strategy works in the media biz, the headline of the story caught my eye. “I Want to Punch Adele in the Face!" did not only grab my attention, but to see this coming out from a diva that was no stranger in the Billboard charts and the Grammy awards, I got myself questioning: "What could possibly be her issue with Adele? Could this be another catfight in the music industry?" I put an end to the wondering in my mind and so I decided to investigate a little further.

Her story is one of those 'rags to riches' kind among the La La Land clan. She is in preparation of a new album, and when you hear her on the radio, you can definitely pinpoint her powerful vocal pipes. Admitting that her biggest hit worldwide is ‘Because of You' and even admitting that when you hear it you may as well grab a knife because it was the most depressing song ever written.

As any girl who has had her heart broken, I think all girls would agree that the song that recently became the "Depression Anthem" or as I call it-- the suicidal song, is Adele's hit single, Someone Like You. “I want to punch Adele in the face! She is just too good," admitted Kelly in one of her recent interview on The Guardian. There is no doubt that Adele's existence all over the radio and other media like YouTube is popularly sought after. Safe to say that Adele is laughing all the way to the bank while she got Kelly a run for her money. But can you picture both of them collaborating on another gloomy song to add to the "Depression Anthem" playlist? No question; the answer to that would be a heeeeeck yes.

When it comes to winning the first and inaugural season of Idol, I thought of Kelly Clarkson as the "lab rat" of the show, since it was just coming out, had no idea of the success she would achieve in the years to come, but boy, I was proven wrong. "My goal was just to be a backup singer — I never intended to be in front." I can definitely relate to Kelly's side of the story. She even auditioned without any thoughts in mind that she'd bring home the grand prize, or even thought it would mean anything to her. All she knew is that her apartment burned down and she had to move.

Talented, outspoken and down-to-earth. Now, that's my kinda girl.


keep the faith
xoxox

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: