Happiness Lies From Within

I realized how long I write these days, here or my other blog (click here to get there!). I'll try to make it nice and simple this time. How was your first month in 2012? Mine was filled with a lot of good music, great food and still anywhere near the drama-free zone. You know how they say life isn't always about listening to what other people have to say. Pretty hard to develop this heartless attitude towards others, doesn't it? You know that there's some things that others won't approve of, but it hurts even more hearing it from someone you really expect full support. It probably still hurts because we still care. How can we not care so much? As much as we don't want to care what other people think, you still do.

Actions hurt, but there's no doubt that words have a large amount of power to bring us down too. We all know it's all in the mind, but it's hard even when you know how good you are deep down inside but the environment causes you to believe otherwise. What happens is torture towards the character and the soul dies slowly. I've been through the process and it was suffocating me little by little. My self-esteem dropped by a mile and I just wasn't eager to do anything in life. I was stuck in doing what I have to do, not what I love to do. But luckily, I got reminded of why I did it in the first place. The only failure that bound to happen is when we've given up. That's when the failure really takes place, when you don't fight for it anymore. The thing with what others say is, you can be the ripest apple up a tree and there's still going to be people who don't like apples. Happiness comes from doing what you love, no matter how many people think the opposite.

"Somebody needs what you have." I remember reading that and it really shook the coward out of me. You'll get to meet a few speed bumps, but that's just a sign for you to gas up afterwards. Remember, the greater the struggle, the greater the reward. Your environment shouldn't prevent you from being happy. Just believe in what you're doing and be happy about it. Everything else follows.

“You have to learn to follow your heart. You can’t let other people pressure you into being something that you’re not. If you want God’s favor in your life, you must be the person He made you to be, not the person your boss wants you to be, not even the person your parents or your husband wants you to be. You can’t let outside expectations keep you from following your own heart.”- Joel Osteen



keep the faith
XOXOX

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: