You're Right... I Write

Write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified. Because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.
- Audre Lorde

Someone wrote "You need a counselor" on my Formspring today. I smiled. Thought about it for a while and thought, "Yeah, based on what I wrote on my blog mostly, I somehow look like a person that needs one." I'm flattered by the attention. Why do I call it attention, because opening the internet takes time. And to spare your time to write to me, even anonymously, call me crazy one way or another (it's not like I haven't been considered as one), I'd like to call it compassion. Deep compassion towards a stranger. And I appreciate that.

I write because I love to write. And the best feeling in the world is not when people say that I'm good at it or that they love my writing, but it's because I love to connect with other people through words. See the Qur'an, the Bible; everything is written as a guidance for religion. It's this divine bond to your soul. Words have the power to do that. That's why words have infinite power to lift you up. That's exactly why there's quotes, lyrics, because they are relatable. I'm sorry if what I write is inappropriate or it's not your cup of tea. But newsflash, people, this is not your blog but in fact this is mine. And I'm going to write whatever I want on it. You can tell me I'm bad or I suck or you hate every little bit of what I write, just don't tell me to stop writing.

Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: