"When destiny calls you, you must be strong..."

If you had a chance to change your fate, would you? 


Been a while since I did a movie review. Also been a while since I watched a good Disney authentic creation. Disney's cartoon is more than just drawings, it's a masterpiece. That's why it's almost legendary... Toy Story, Tarzan, Lion King, you name it. But as technology grew, human adjusted very well to it, that's why I think kids mature faster than they're supposed to, don't you think? Cartoons are getting even more complicated, I mean, if you're a 5 year-old, I don't think you'll get the moral of UP like a 20 year-old would receive. All in all, Disney never fails. 


When I saw the trailer of this movie, I thought to myself that it wasn't interesting, at all. But I was proven wrong. Trailers can be tricky, they can make us underrate the movie, or it can make us expect too much. This is one of those movies you'll want to watch with your whole family, cousins, little sisters and brothers, or as I call it, the 'get-together' movie. 


What I like about Disney is that it's always catching up to what's new or what is the recent issue, they have a way of putting it into the movie. For instance, when news came swirling that princesses have always been white, Disney rise to the challenge and make an African-American princess in The Princess and The Frog. With weight issues that even girls at an early age have been dealing with, Brave told the story about a princess that weighed just about how much an average teenage girl should weigh. She is a little chubby and had a curvy body, but still is beautiful regardless. 


The movie's setting is the medieval era, taken place at a Scottish kingdom, it still gives this magical, 'fairytale' feel that any children (or adults... Don't worry) can relate to. I think this movie gives children hope and make them dream, which is good. Kids need that, they need to believe in something. The soundtrack is very Disney, and by that, I mean it as a compliment. Come on, it's Disney, do I really have to name the classic songs that were born from its movies? 


It's a movie that makes you smile. You wanna know why? Because you can relate to it. It tells us about how we are our own master of our destiny. And even though destiny is written for us, before us, every little chances that we take, every mistakes that we make, at the end of the day, we are where we're meant to be. Things will fall into where they're supposed to be.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: